Thursday, September 17, 2009

I've done what I vowed I'd never do

I swore to myself with every part of me that I would never make the same mistake my mom did about 15 years ago. I was pretty young, but for some reason I remember it so clearly.

Me, Angela and my mom were taking a stroll through our neighborhood, when a neighborhood friend met us on the sidewalk with her two little children. My mom suddenly exclaimed, " Oh my gosh Angie...when are you due?!" Angie very politely smiled and said..."Oh no Pam, I'm not due...I've just got some 'leftovers' from the last baby." I still remember how sweet she was about it and how my mom looked like she wanted to die but I'm afraid that I'm now a part of "that club." The "club" that should just not ever assume a person is prego unless the person mentions they are having a baby!

How it happened:

I was waiting on the bottom of the elevator with another girl to go up to my doctor's office. Now, this is an OBGYN office so in all fairness about 75% of the people there are prego and she did have a little stuffing in her tummy that given the circumstance could have been a baby. We both stepped on the elevator once it opened and then "it" happened.

Her: Who is your Doctor?

Me: Dr. Stone

Her: Awesome...I used to work at this clinic and she's great. Do you know if you're having a boy or girl?

Me. A Girl. Do you know what you're having? (me smiling)

Her: (mortified expression) What?

Me: That's cool that you used to work here!

Her: I'm here to find out why I haven't been able to get pregnant.


(End of conversation)

I seriously felt horrible! I think those final two stories up were the longest moments I've ever spent on an elevator with someone.

However, I still had to go get little squishy checked out and thankfully it was happy news for both of us. I think she wants out of me just as much as I want her out! :) Dr. Stone said that she is deffinitely a "big squishy" and from what she could tell just by feeling, she didn't have much room left in her little home. So, we're going to have a final ultrasound in two weeks and then she thinks it will be show time shortly after if the ultrasound supports her size 'guestimates.' I can't believe Solomon and Fluffy are going to have a sister so soon! It seems like just yesterday we brought our first little girl home...lol....

Fluffy Buttercup at 8 weeks old

No comments:

Site Meter