Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Surprise!

I was so excited this past weekend...Dave had planned a whole weekend of surprises for us. And, I'm not sure how many people know this about me, but I REALLY like staying in hotels. Seriously, anything from a motel along the side of the highway to a Hilton. Except I can't typically find anyone who will stay in a motel with me along a highway but I'm so in if anyone ever decides they are okay with it. :) How can you not love them?? Free Ice right across the hall...the ability to jump on the bed without feeling guilty and someone to come make the bed in the morning for you. Woohooo!

So, on Saturday we headed out and I had no idea exactly what the plan was...well, we'd been driving about 4 minutes and 53 seconds and Dave pulled into a double tree hotel about 3 blocks from our house. Now, as I said...I love hotels, so I was excited, but I was also thinking he might have at least sprung for something a bit further from home. Well...he started laughing and said he was just kidding and pulled out of the parking lot like 5 seconds after we arrived..phew lol

Byeee Doubletree!
Off we go again, and this time we actually got on the interstate...which I figured was a good sign. But then, I got a little bored of driving so I am going to show you this is very exciting picture of my newly painted toenails that I took during the drive . hehe :) And, this was quite embarrassing but I had to wear those little sandal things all through the mall because I forgot to bring my own sandals to wear home and I couldn't wear my closed toed shoes because it would have mushed the flowers.


Fancy Toes :)

We ended our journey by pulling into the Hyatt at Crown Center! YAY! I figured this would probably be a good time to take my 32 week baby bump shot. Now, I'm warning you...Little Squishy is getting pretty big, but here it is....

32 week baby bump

Then we went down to eat at the plaza and walk around for a while...or in other words...we finished running a marathon and then I wanted to die. :) No, I'm just kidding; it was totally fun, but I was really tired...so we headed back to crown center to get ice cream and then my second embarrassing thing for the day happened! :( My chocolate ice cream had gummy bears in it and one of them decided to try and make a run for it...down the front of my cream shirt! This picture is sooo not a good representation of how noticeable it was and I kind of look like I'm wearing a mumu from this angle, but it was totally bad so that was pretty much the end of the evening.

Sad sam after the gummy bear incident


So, that pretty much sums up our trip. Sadly, we had to head home the next morning to our puppies who thought we had forgotten them at their daycare...but not before breakfast...yummmmm!

Anniversary Breatkfast 2009

The End :)

No comments:

Site Meter