Thursday, October 1, 2009

I'm building a baby...and a swimming pool

My Doctor told me today that I have Polyhydramnios.

My thought? Poly-hydra-comeagain?

She could have said I had "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" and it wouldn't have mattered because I don't know what either of those mean. (but at least the second thing comes with a cool song).

Basically, little squishy is in fact little, but I am creating a large area for her to swim in. So, for the last 6 weeks when we just suspected she was getting really big, she actually was not; she was just having a nice time in my ever growing swimming pool.


It scared me...and it broke my heart. 1) Because with this diagnosis come some difficult side effects for her. 2) Because I can't fix it. I can't change anything for her...I can't protect her. I just have to wait. And waiting is difficult when you want to protect that little life that you've loved so dearly for the past 8 months.


They may induce me next Thursday if conditions haven't chaged. However, they may not. My doctor said you take this diagnosis one week at a time. I would rather take this diagnosis and throw it off the Grand Canyon.

However, as a great friend put it..."Really Amber what you have here is a Michaela Phelps. You're building an amazing little olympic swimmer!"

And so I will no longer think of this as a problem...but as a really great opportunity to see the Olympics live someday.

And here is my little swimmer....







P.S. My little swimmer has some very chubby cheeks :)

No comments:

Site Meter