Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Pickle I'm In

I had my doctor's appt today to schedule my induction next week. Drumroll Please..... :).......Dr. Stone decided on Wednesday Morning!

Wait...well...hold on...

She changed her mind and decided to check to see if she could possibly even induce me tonight if "conditions" were right.

Even better right? Wrong....that changed everything.

Nothing was ready to go...at all. :( Which concerned her because all along she has been confused that this hadn't happened naturally already. My water has continued to increase around little squishy and now my placenta is showing signs of increased stress. I guess that they can measure the blood pressure of the umbilical cord within the placenta and mine has continued to rise. She said she wasn't going to worry...yet.

However, she said she cannot induce labor unless things change and we're running out of time.

We are going to see how everything looks next Tuesday and if nothing has changed the situation gets more tricky. It might be "C-Section city" for me. I'm going to pray with every ounce of my heart that it doesn't come to that, but Dr. Stone said we may not have a choice.

After seeing her ultrasound pictures from today, I think I have a good idea what the problem is. Little squishy is smiling in 90% of them; she just really likes it in there...so yes, we're in a pickle...but it's a "pickle" I just can't get mad at! :)



2 comments:

Ashley said...

Amber, she is beautiful!! I can't wait to meet her!! Soon, right? :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... Work at TD Ameritrade = C section?

That is the way that it went for us... maybe it is something about this company.

Anyway, I hope everything goes very smoothly for the two of you. We miss you here.

And if it does come down to a C sections I will say that it goes very quickly and Meg was back on her feet moving around within a couple of days (that being said, I'll cross my fingers that so you won't need one).

Site Meter