Friday, April 23, 2010

Show Us Your Life

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner


"How I Met My Husband"

Hey everyone! Kelly has started a "show us your life" blog topic each week and Heather has a blog that I follow. When I read her blog this morning, I really wanted to join in the fun!! Show us your life...here I come! :)

This weeks topic was perfect, not because I have such an awesome story but the sheer "unromanticness"(my made up word for the day) of our story I believe makes it somewhat entertaining as well.

I was dating a guy from my college for a year before I met Dave. However, I think he was really just a friend that I decided to date because I didn't want to graduate from college and still be single.lol! I know, so sweet of me. But, I figured if I didn't meet a guy in college that I could marry I would just like never ever meet anyone and be alone the rest of my life and have lots of dogs and people would call me the dog lady instead of the cat lady, and on and on, and anyways that was my very "unlogical" logic. :)

So, I was missing ONE class that I needed to graduate in May and NWMSU didn't offer it that semester so I was going to have to transfer to UNL for ONE class so I could still graduate in 4 years. Little did I know, that ONE class is the reason I met the ONE guy I would spend the rest of my life with!

So, I was going to UNL and brrroookkeee, broke as a joke, (as I think most students are) and I decided to get a job. I applied at Von Maur to play the piano. They basically told me I had the job and would call the next day with details. However, while driving away I really decided I should at least apply one other place just in case so I looked, and directly next to Von Maur was Macaroni Grill. I figured I liked their bread...why not apply?? :) Well, I never heard from Von Maur after that first day and the manager at Macaroni Grill hired me on the spot so I knew God had something special for me there because I certainly had more experience playing the piano than serving!

{Enter Dave} Dave was a chef at Macaroni Grill and I instantly thought he was like the cutest chef I'd ever seen in my WHOLE! LIFE! Well, it turned out that he was going to UNL as well and he went to my church. However, I still had this boyfriend on the side so I decided I would just be friends with Dave...friends that went to other friend's houses and friends that went to movies and lunch and church and met my mom and....okay so I realized I should probably tell Mr. real boyfriend that things weren't working out because that's not exactly fair to him! :) So, I did. And that night I literally ran over to Dave's and said "I'm single!!!" (And so I was single exactly 2.4 seconds)

So, that's how it all started. Our first official real date was the most fun "first" date I've ever had. He took me to an amazing restaurant and we both knew...God had made us for eachother. Four months later we were engaged and four months after that we were married! I love my hubbbyyyyyy!! :)


This picture was taken on our first "real" date
Two Macaroni Grill peeps about to start the adventure of a lifetime! :)


2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love it, and I love you guys!! God truly did make you guys for eachother, I believe.

Matilda's Mommy said...

That is a great story!

Site Meter