Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A True Story

My morning actually felt like I walked straight out of a movie. It truly was almost unreal. And, my morning actually started about 3:03.


3:03 - Woke up with Clara because she has a cold and couldn't breathe through her nose so I kept having to suck those little snotties out with this syringe thing. :)


3:23 - Woke up with Clara because she lost her binky while falling back asleep.


4:10 - Woke up with Clara because she got confused that it was still night after the earlier syringe situation. :)


6:00- Woke up because Clara normally wakes up at 6. However, she was sleeping. So naturally I laid back down for a bit.


7:46 - Woke up to Dave sounding distraught. The alarm didn't go off and I was about 1 1/2 hours behind!! So luckily, Dave had decided to work from home so he was going to take Clara to daycare for me this morning.



7:47 - Jumped in the shower, jumped out of the shower. Got ready as fast as is humanly possible.


8:16 - Almost ready but no time to do my hair so I literally blow dryed it and ran out the door.


8:36 - Got to work and tried to fix the tangeled mess that was my hair.


8:38 - Asked our Human resources director if she had anything at all I could use for my hair. She did....A bobby pin and a rubber band. So I made it work. :) (Oh yes, I look good...I wonder what the gas station lady would say to me today! lol)


9:02 - Call from Dave.."Um, Amber you didn't leave the car seat with me...it's in your car."


9:03 - Rush back home and meet Dave outside with Clara and her bottles.


9:13 - Get to daycare. Climb in the backseat with my car keys and take Clara out of her seat. Close door.


9:13 1/2 - Go to open door again to get keys. It was locked. I'd locked my keys in the car. Oh Yes.


*At this point I almost had an emotional breakdown. I was seriously sooo close. I was so tired from being up with Clara all night and I was already distaught about my hair and waking up late and having to go back home again to get her but all the children were on the playground and I didn't want the teachers to think a crazy woman was out front crying so I calmly walked in the front door and explained I needed a phone.

9:18 - Called Dave and told him I locked my keys in the car. He laughed and said "I'm on my way"

9:35 - Dave got there. Unlocked my car and headed back home.

10:00 - I arrived back at work.


Sooooo everything's been smooth sailing since then but honestly...."wow" is all I have for this morning. How do you other working mom's make this work?!?!?!

1 comment:

Chana said...

Wow- I'm exhausted just reading this! I hope you don't have crazy days like this every day! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog! It's always so cool to meet new blogger friends! Adorable blog!

Site Meter