Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What If Wednesday?

I've been "What if'ing" it ALOT lately.

What if I hadn't gone to college? (No college debt)

What if I went to college but didn't buy 4,564,321 outfits each year?  (No Sallie Mae pestering me because honestly that's really the only reason I needed her)

What if I had waited on that SUV I bought?  (Leather seats and sunroofs I've realized are completely unnecessary and they burn the begeeziss out of your hiney in the summer!!)

What if I had decided to pursue music after high school? (Maybe that 6 year hiatus was why I still wasn't able to be a songwriter full time).

But then I was stopped in my tracks while driving this morning during my "what if'ing."  Completely stopped.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

An obedient heart is all God asks us to bring; an obedient heart enables God to write the story.  I had prayerfully approached most (not all...I mean I'm still human :)) of the decisions listed above and the decisions that I was questioning this morning. And... I was missing the point completely. I was looking for some sort of financial status of personal accomplishment to assure me that I was doing the right thing. But, those things don't matter to God. I-R-R-E-L-E-V-A-N-T. If we willingly give our hearts and let Him write the story, the ending doesn't matter. Our current circumstance should never leave us questioning past decisions if those decisions were prayerfully approached.

I know I am trying, everyday, to seek His heart. Now, I must simply rest in His promises....

No comments:

Site Meter