Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Word-Filled Wednesday

There are wordless Wednesday's, and wishful Wednesday's; there are wonderful Wednesday's and working Wednesday's; but I'm going to send a word-filled Wednesday to all of you today. :)

Me & D started a 12 day cleanse today. Oh yes, this will be interesting. :) I spent all evening last night at Whole Foods.

I was searching for a bajillion weird ingredients I'd never heard of before; and the things I had heard of had an added twist. For example: I couldn't just buy chicken, I needed to buy "Free Range Chicken." So, I asked the nice Whole-Food-Poultry-Department-Guy what that was...and he said, "Our chickens range freely in the outdoors and are not in cages, and etc, etc. (fill in more information about chickens than I cared to know in my lifetime) ." I didn't really know how to reply to all of that and so I said, "So, what you're basically telling me is that these are some really happy chickens that you have here." I don't think he knew quite how to respond to me then and since I didn't want him to tell me anymore about chickens I just said "Thank-you" and went on my way! :) I bought creole and egg plants and dates and so many other things I had no idea how to prepare and I swear one of the employees turned around when he saw me coming to ask him my 4,356th question but that didn't deter me because I was going to do this cleanse even if I had to stay there until the store closed to find everything! :)

But I divided and conquered!!


When I climbed in my car the clock said 9:58...I'd made it out in time, with 2 minutes to spare. Yessssssss.


I got home and told D to prepare for some wonderful organic meals over the next 12 days. For those of you who know me, you know I have trouble with everyday ordinary meals as evidenced here(
http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g%20blogID=6546836121639036359&postID=8029715061744155747 ) so I'm sure you can imagine his excitement over this little expedition I was starting on!

So, this morning I got up bright and early to start on this adventure. We were beginning with Peanut Butter Oatmeal. It looked mushy and tasted weird. For lunch D said he felt like a bunny with the salad I sent. Essentially it was walnuts, spinich and strawberries with lemon juice for a dressing. Ummmm. lol
And tonight it's chicken with spinich.

Well, at least they were free-ranging happy chickens!! :)

No comments:

Site Meter