This weekend I decided to start on a new cooking adventure! I call this an adventure because cooking to me is like..well let's just say its difficult for me. Mmmmmk? So I'd read all about this delicious Enchilada Ring here. I'd been craving it and so I decided..."Why not try making it on a Saturday?". That way I had all day to really make this thing.:) This is like cooking Rachel Ray...Amber's Way. So basically a 30 minute meal is going to take a good 2 hours and I'll probably end up forgetting ingredients or adding something I shouldn't have. But it's all part of the fun??Correct! :)
So I started...
2 cups cooked chicken - I was so proud of myself because I remembered to cut out the little white "fat liney things" (not their technical name) all over the chicken. This was a mistake I learned the hard way in the past...if you're interested in that fiasco it is here.
1/4 cup chopped block olives - Oops! Me and Clara forgot to buy this ingredient.
1 cup cheddar cheese - Check!
1 small can chopped chilies, undrained - Check!
1/2 cup sour cream - Ohhh we're on roll...3 in a row- Check!
1 package taco seasoning - Was 100% positive we had this at home....and unfortunately I was wrong. :(
2 rolls of crescent rolls - Check!
1 small chopped tomato - Check!
1 lime (juice)- Shoot.
2/3 cup finely crushed tortilla chips- OH yes...and they were on sale for $1. Seriously $3 chips for a $1.Awesome.
So, ingredient wise we were missing about 3 things but for me that is doing pretty good...so I continued.
1. Chop chicken and add olives, cheese, chilies, sour cream and taco mix. Seed and chop 1 tomato and add 2 tablespoons lime juice; add to chicken mixture. Reserve 2 Tblsp. crushed chips and add remaining chips to mixture - I did most of this correctly except for seed the tomato...because seriously that's an unnecessary step and a bit of a waste of my precious time I figured...I mean cutting up that chicken felt like foreva'! :)
Okay so I know what you're thinking...because I thought it too...that looks pretty gross but just bear with me for a few more minutes....
So this was a bit tricky because I couldn't find our cookie sheet due to the recent move so I improvised. ;)
I used a glass cake pan and placed the crescents in there on tin foil...I bet Rachel Ray wouldn't have
3. Spread chicken mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle - Check!
4. Bring points of triangles up and over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at the center of the ring- Check!
At this point...I had to take a moment to see what my little pumpkin was up too...Jussssst playing..in her birthday suit-plus diaper...because I have learned that Clara Grace does not like wearing clothes if she doesn't have too!:)
5. Sprinkle with 2 Tblsp. crushed chips. ( I put shredded cheese all on top!) - Check!
5. Bake @ 375 for 20-25 minutes. Garnish with tomato and serve with salsa and sour cream. - This I almost did...but I'm not sure what temperature I baked it at because I couldn't figure out our new oven. I bet I was close to 375 though... ;)
And 20-25 minutes later....TADAHHHHHH!!
Honestly, I would totally recommend this for someone looking for a twist on regular enchilada's. And...it was declicious even with 25% of the indgredients missing!! I bet it is reeallly amaaziinnng if you make it correctly lol! :)
Happy chicken enchilada ring making everyone! :)