Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday


Top 2 Books!!

My absolute favorite book ever is Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. ( I know I mentioned this in my profile but I just finished reading it again and yep...stilll LOVE it!) :) So..long story short. A young girl grows up with a mom who likes the boys, and gets paid lots to be with them, and I think you're getting my drift. ;) So, that is the only type of "love" she's known. So this little girl ends up working in a brothel at the age of about 8 and has pretty much the worst life you can imagine. Then, 10 years later, a man named Hosea falls in love with her but he is a good good good guy. He wants to show her what real love is and she doesn't want any part..I'll let you read the rest but that's just a tidbit of the wonderfulness! :)
REDEEMING LOVE

UNDONE

So me and my best friend at TD used to read books on like the Barnes & Noble website because if you register you can read like 5 chapters without buying them. We win. lol. Anyways...one book we ran across we totally loved and we wanted to read more but we could only read a few chapters so then we had to buy it (so basically Barnes & Noble won :-P. Shoot.) But this book is amaaaazing! This book starts out with two girls who had basically been kidnapped and tortured and they wake up undergound in what appears to be a torture chamber. Well one girl escapes but never sees her captor so the entire book is centered around her searching for this terrible person while all the while other girls go missing....spppoookkkkyyyyy! I think I read it all in like 2 days once I got the actual book!

8 comments:

L said...

I need to read this Redeeming Love book.....and it's an I heart jesus book too right?

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh Amber you are so right about Redeeming Love. That is the best book ever! I borrowed it a couple of years ago as we traveled to NC for vacation. Girl, I read that thing in no time! I love it!!!!!! Have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by for a visit and entering the giveaway. Have a blessed day. Cindy

Kat said...

LOVE Redeeming Love!!! Loved it the first, second, and third time I read it...lol. Her other books are fantastic also, I especially loved the Mark of a Lion series.

Chana said...

Thanks! I love good book reviews!

Lanie Ree said...

Redeeming love has been all over this link party! Everyone seems to love it, and I hadn't even heard of it.

That's it. I'm reading it.

Stopping by from Top Two Tuesday

Taylor @ The Undomestic Momma said...

Thanks for linking up! Ill have to check those out especially redeeming love since everyone is raving about it!

JoJo said...

I'll have to put these two on my summer beach reads :-).

Aimee said...

I've heard great things about Redeeming Love. I have got to read it. Oh and btw, you commented on my blog that you love Scentsy. I'm an independent consultant if you ever need anything! :)

Site Meter