Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The love of writing...

I took a little time off from blogging during our recent move. But now, I almost have so much to write about that I didn't know where to start. I'm sorry this post isn't going to have lots of adorrableee :) pictures of my Clara bear or internet images that I've stolen from Google lol but I'm just going to write. After all...that's what we all blog for correctomondo? :) It's a way to release our inner-writers need to write!

* I would love to write about my freezing cold shower the first night in our new house after our water heater broke...and then follow that with the very moment I was complaining to God on my way to work, I heard on K-love about the people of Africa who have to walk 4 hours in some communities just to find clean water. That about made me fall out of my car...

* I would love to write about "That Dave" (Plan B inside joke here) who I felt was purposely disagreeing with everything I suggested this weekend. About the fact that my hubby-who I literally love with every piece of my heart- was quite arguably the crabbiest man in the world during this moving process and I just wanted him to hug me. It turns out...he needed the hug first. He felt so unappreciated for staying up until 5 am some mornings this past month, working on the house, getting one hour of sleep and then going to his job in the mornings and all the while I could only think about the fact that he wasn't "loving me." When that's exactly what he was doing every single moment of his day-giving all his energy and heart to prepare this home for his family. That hug and a few tears on my side changed everything. Husbands need exactly what we expect from them .....love & respect...and unfortunately I forget that sometimes. :(


* I would love to write about the fact that I found out this past week my coworker literally sounds as though he jumped out of the movie Freedom Writers (Hillary Swank's 2007ish? hit movie). I found out that he has lost many friends growing up during gang wars; that he doesn't remember his years in high school because he always went to school high or drunk and that on most days of the week, you could have found a plethora of guns in the glove compartment of his car. He said his high school teacher actually had an intervention for him his senior year and it changed him forever. He gave up everything that day...the drinking, the drugs, the weapons (eek!) and never looked back. He's now an investment consultant and a favorite among our clients. I am so thankful to have had the childhood I did but I think it speaks volumes to people's characters when the are able to persevere even in crazy difficult situations like that, that I cannot even imagine. I saw friends laughing and hanging out, dancing and going to football games..he saw friends killed...on a daily basis.


*Lastly, I would love to write about this blogging community of friends. Even though I haven't been able to write myself... all of you and your stories take me through each day. I laugh. I cry. I empathize and just truly appreciate all of you and your hearts. I am so thankful for every.single.one.of.you. *That include the people I blog stalk lol who have like a bazillion followers but they too bring so much encouragement to my days!


So there you have it 4 little mini-posts to sum up my rather crazy moving week!!

Wohoooo for Wednesdays!!! :)

2 comments:

Deb said...

What a precious post. I especially like the part about your husband...when mine gets home this afternoon, he's gonna get the biggest hug and kiss he's ever had...and probably wonder what came over his crazy wife!! HA! HA!
Blessings to you!!!

CourtneyKeb said...

I think you're right about the hubs needing some lovin' too.

Thanks for the reminder!

Site Meter