Tuesday, July 6, 2010

On A Scale of 1 to 10...

I give today a -3.

I think tomorrow I will look back on today and laugh. If not tomorrow; hopefully next week.

Without boring you with the details...sometimes it feels like the whole universe is against me working.This morning started with me and my little Clara bear riding to work in the back of a Lincoln Town car, chauffeured by a man I can only assume used to be the head of the KC mafia.

Something very similar to this bad boy


Let me explain that a bit. :)

I couldn't find my keys. Anywhere. And, while a day at home with my daughter sounded like SOOO much more fun than working; getting fired did not sound like much fun at all. So...in the hopes of not bothering my hubby at a job he does actually enjoy, I called my momma. Now, I don't know how your mom's are but mine is "not so much" with the Internet. :) However, she is getting better...go mom! So I asked if she could try and find me a taxi service around my house (because our Internet is not hooked up yet). She actually found one really quickly...so I excitedly called them. The man on the other line said a driver would be there in 15 minutes.

"Wow." I thought to myself.."Now that was easy."

Well..when the driver arrived I could literally see the smoke billowing out of the windows. As I approached the car a man stepped out...and, in a typical Russian accent...the man exclaimed...

"OH MY GO*...You have a baby with you!?!?!"

Our driver...j/k

I didn't figure that was the best sign...so I responded...

"Are you a taxi service? I mean...is this what your job is because I can call someone else if I had the wrong number????"

To which he responded...

"Sure."

I wasn't quite sure how to take that...like "Sure...I'm actually in the mafia and can typically be found carrying bodies in the trunk of my car, but I would love to help you and your little girl get to work and daycare today."

But, I really didn't have any other choice if I wanted to get to work at all that day, so, I fastened my little precious cargo in and said the LONGEST.PRAYER.OF.MY.LIFE!!!!

Needless to say...we made it, and I actually thought it was kindof cute...I know that taxi drivers/ex-mafia members are probably not the safest drivers but he kept looking back to see how little clara was doing while carefully looking left and right various times before turning. He also drove much slower than any taxi cab I've ever ridden in...so overall the trip itself wasn't too bad; it was just the whole situation...

I mean never in a million years would I have guessed that my morning would have started, with me, Clara, and an ex-mafia member heading to work with a trail of smoke signaling where we'd been...at least someone could have easily tracked us I guess. :)

10 comments:

Adam and Wendy said...

Oh this cracked me up! :) And the pictures were awesome. :) Glad y'all made it to work/daycare safe & sound!

mama brehm said...

hilarious. I'm fairly certain that some random took you to work this morning. Please don't call the number to take you home. Also, wait two to three days to get your keys back in the event that Clara ate them.

Kat said...

Oh my, that was absolutely the best story of the day!!! But I'm with mama brehm.... don't call the number to take you home:)

Mrs. Mommy said...

Well, I certainly hope that you can look back on it and laugh, because your story and how you told it had me laughing...hard...I certainly hope your keys turn up soon!

Theresa said...

Glad you got there safely. Funny explanation you gave :)

Taylor @ The Undomestic Momma said...

hahhahaha that is for sure something to look back and laugh at!

kristen said...

great story! makes for a fun memory!!

I just chose you for an award check it out here:

http://kristensjunkdrawer.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-received-award.html

JoJo said...

OMG I just realized this was your blog! I've been confused for a while every time I saw it come up in my blog list and now I realized you changed the look. It looks fabulous!!!
Oh and your story made me chuckle! I'm glad you and Clara bear were safe :-)

lanni @ dandygiveaway.blogspot.com said...

hi -- following you from NFF. your blog is hilarious :)

www.dandygiveaway.com

Honey Nougats said...

haha great story!

Site Meter