Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Sugarbears are under the weather over here.....

We could use some extra prayers over at our house today please. Clara once again has a double ear infection and she just finished her 3 series of Rocephin shots last week. She is resistant to Amoxicillan, Augmentin, Omnicef and Zithromax and it now appears that her body is resisting Rocephin which killsboth good and bad bacteria. The tears just keep falling as I write this because I hate to see her in pain and now we are literally out of options. We are going to have to see if her body fights this with her own antibodies and vitamins because they can't put ear tubes in until the ear infection is cleared up. I am not looking forward to the upcoming nights because I know they will be excruciatingly painful for her. And, unfortunately after being up with Clara all night Dave woke up really sick this morning so we may have to take him to the ER. He can't keep any food or liquid down. Sigh...days like this I wish I could see God...that he could just hug us and tell us everything will be ok. :(

9 comments:

Matilda's Mommy said...

Oh Amber, sorry to hear. We will be praying for a quick healing!

Kat said...

Praying for His healing touch to fall upon all of you!!! Stay strong... I do know what you mean about needing a hug from God, seems that sometimes that would just make everything better.

Latte Mama said...

I'll be praying for your lil' one and your family. Hang in there.

jennoreilly said...

oh so awful, I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts.

Ashley said...

Hi Amber--

You won a giveaway over at my blog so please email me with your mailing info!

Thanks!

ashley61985(at)gmail(dot)com

Marcus + Jenilee said...

Hang in there mama!! I hope little Clara gets better. Sounds like she definately needs those tubes! I'm sending you a BIG hug!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you guys!

JoJo said...

Oy I am so sorry amber :-(.

I really hope she gets better soon!

Poor thing...

That's terrible that she's allergic to all those antibiotics.
I wish I knew of some magical drug that could help.

Best wishes to you and your family.

JoJo said...

Hi Amber
Hope the weekend was better for your family!

I left you a little something on my blog :-)

Best wishes to your family!

Taylor @ The Undomestic Momma said...

aww sorry!!!!

Site Meter