Monday, September 20, 2010

The Phone Call :)

I haven't posted about my mom in a while and I know her stories used to be everyone's favorite and so I wanted to share a conversation I had with her this weekend with all of you.

However, before I begin: I love you to pieces mom and it's conversations like this that make you even more precious to me (and proud of you)!!! :)

Okay, here we go.

Riiinnnnnggg

Me: Hey Mom, I have a quick question. Do you know how to text?

Mom: Well...when I was on the roof in Kurdistan.....

Me: (laughing hysterically) Wait...What?????

Mom: Amby What?!?!? Why are you laughing????

Me: Well...I just wasn't ever expecting that to be the way you would start to answer that question...Sorry...go on...

Mom: Thank you. When I was on the roof in Kurdistan...they taught us how to text and.....

Me: Okay mom, I'm sorry. I still don't get this?!?!

Mom: Well...if we were captured by the Kurds, they knew we wouldn't be able to call from the trunks of the cars because the terrorists would hear us, so they wanted us to be able to text eachother.

Me: Wow. Okay. Well...regardless of how you learned..I'm glad you are safe now and that you can text!


Now, for a little piece of background to that story. My mom is a missionary and has traveled all over the world on some fairly dangerous missions. I never got clarification as to why they were on the roof and why the leaders of their group just assumed they would be placed in a trunk if they were captured but either way...this conversation reminded me of several reasons why I love my momma! :)

4 comments:

CourtneyKeb said...

That's adorable! Haha

Deb said...

Hope you know how precious your comments are to me...thank you obeying the Holy Spirit and allowing Him to put His "stamp of approval" on what I try to blog for HIM!!! In His Love...Deb

JoJo said...

Well I'm glad your mama knows how to protect herself from those terrorists!

Kat said...

Hahahaha!!!! That is a fantastic conversation... your mom sounds way awesome!!

Site Meter