Wednesday, October 13, 2010

5-6-8-3

I loved this story I heard on the radio this morning. On any given day you will find me and Clara jamming to one of three things: Barney & Friends, Carrie Underwood or K-Love radio station. I know what you're thinking...what happened to Lady Gaga Amber??? Well ever since the whole real-meat fiasco at the MTV awards, I just can't listen to her music.


Yeah, Grosse right??
That was just blech...she crossed the line for me. While I think she is a song-writing genuis I realized she is in fact crazy. So no more edited versions of Poker Face for me and Clara Grace in the mornings...Carrie has now taken over. :)

Me and Clara heart you girl!

So, this particular morning we were listening to K-Love. They are doing their pledge drive and had callers call in saying how the radio station has changed their lives. A lady called in and said the numbers for K-Love literally saved her sons life. As expected everyone was a bit confused until she elaborated more...

She said her son was critically ill and had been in a coma for 18 hours. His brain was completely unresponsive on all the scanners and they were getting ready to turn off his life support. She had stepped out into the hall feeling like she was in the twilight zone knowing any minute her son would be gone and she would never ever hear his voice again. She was out of prayers. Out of hope. Out of everything. Until, all of a sudden, the nurse ran into the hallway yelling for her. "What does 5-6-8-3 mean!?!?!" The lady said she turned around and looked at the nurse in shock.The nurse started shaking her..."What does this mean,WHAT DOES 5-6-8-3 mean!!!" The lady said she started crying and said "Love...it means love." The nurse said "What? What do you mean love?" She said.."It's how my son says he loves me...it's the last 4 numbers of K-Love. Love on the phone is 5-6-8-3." Her son was literally moments away from being taken off life support but because he whispered those numbers they knew he would be okay. And he was. That happened 4 years ago and her son is happy and healthy all because he whispered 4 little numbers. Everyone realized..."It's funny to think of the different ways God can use a radio station..or anything for that matter. We never know what's going on behind the scenes."


I 5-6-8-3 that story.

5 comments:

Allison said...

I love this! I have been listening too but I didn't hear that story :)

Anna said...

Thanks for making me cry! Great story.

Kat said...

That's an amazing story!!

Taylor @ The Undomestic Momma said...

oh my gosh that is so amazing!

JoJo said...

That is an incredible story!

Oh and Miss Underwood is a great choice!

Site Meter