Friday, October 1, 2010

It's Friday....Whoop Whoop!!



I am like a blogging machine these last few days lol :) No, seriously though, I have like 235 things I want to write about but not enough time. And to everyone who's left sweet comments or texts recently, thank you for those as well. I truly love all my following friends because I don't just consider you fellow bloggers, you are my friends and I LOVE reading about your lives as well, I've just been a busy bee falling down the stairs and such with no time to respond! :-P

Anyways...moving on...it's FIVE QUESTION FRIDAY!!!!

1. Did you have a pen pal when you were little (or now)? Where were/are they from?


I did actually, and they were from Romania and I still think about them some days. Me and my mom actually traveled to Romania when I was 10. She had many friends who she'd met over there when she was a missionary and wanted me to experience a 3rd world country; to really understand how blessed we were to live in the U.S.

Their dictator had recently been overthrown when we got there and it was amazing to see how much control one man can have over a country. EVERYONE was forced to live in 1-2 bedroom apartments. There were miles and miles of tall concrete buildings that were very dark looking.This is where the romanian people were forced to call home for over a decade. People could be thrown in prison just for mentioning their dislike for their living quarters, etc. The people were all very secretive even when we got there, I think because they were so used to living in fear. I remember it was not unusual to be walking down the street and see men carrying machine guns.We were there a few weeks and I still, even by the end of the trip, froze in fear each time I saw one of those men. I couldn't believe the children there (my friends) were so immune to seeing those those men that they didn't even blink an eye. Crazy.

I am happy though now for the Romanian's. They are free and I think it would be amazing to go back and see the progress they've made as a country.

2. If you could do a different job for one day, what would it be?

I think it would be sweet to be a lawyer for just ONE day. When I was growing up I always loved the court case drama's on TV. I used to imagine myself solving a case in a super dramatic fashion; Elle from Legally Blonde was my hero and inspiration for that dream I think. :)

3. Do you remember your biggest fear from when you were little?

The dark!! I'm still afraid of the dark lol. :) Seriously.

*Actually, I  just told Clara a couple nights ago that I was so proud of her for going to sleep with the lights off because I never could. She just looked at me like, "mom ima tryin to sleepgoaway peeeaazzzz."

4. What do you think is a waste of time? Why?

Facebook.

OHHHHH SNAP! :) (That's just because I'm jealous of all you facebookers and have to live vicariously through my dog who's apparently cooler than me).

5. What is the oldest item you have in your closet?

My American Eagle undies!! lol! No, I seriously think it is though. When I was younger I was obsessed with AE (I mean I'm from the Mid-West, you HAVE to be!) And, they're still my fave evvveeeen over my VS pairs!

And that's what I'm leaving you with...TMI about me on this beautiful Friday! :)

5 comments:

Taylor @ The Undomestic Momma said...

loved reading this :0

L said...

thanks for the book amber!!! that was such a wonderful surprise! my husband was like....ummm who is Amber? my response? my blogger friend!!! i'm going to start reading it tonight. thanks again. :) have a good weekend.

JoJo said...

I love elle from legally blond as well and that's so interesting about Romania. I never knew that about its history.

PearlsAndGreenTea said...

Hi! I'm a new reader! So fun to read!

Adam and Wendy said...

I know what you mean about hanging onto "the perfect underwear" hahaha!

PS I gave you an award on my blog today! :)

Site Meter