Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Family Update

So lots to talk about...let's see where should I start??

Well 1) I'm at home with my Beeebeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! 2) If any mom out there right now wants to stay home I encourage you to keep saving, keep praying and keep working towards that goal. If WE can do it, you totally can!!! I'm dead serious. I don't know what it will look like for your family. It may mean selling a car, or it may be cutting out vacations or eating. Ha...I only said that because I suggested that I would stop eating lunch if I could stay home about 6 months ago. And, please please email me if you have questions about how we got it done. But, while financially we've been planning alot of it was simply waiting and praying until we heard "Yes." Because ultimately it's a step of faith moving from two incomes to one and there is only One man who knows whether it will work for your family at this time. ;) I love all my readers to pieces and pray for each and every one of you so please feel free to contact me with any questions!

And no...that is not Clara lol, but I had so much fun watching Abby last week as I mentioned in my last post that I had to show this picture! :) Clara was a little jealous that mommy wasn't able to be 100% focused on her so she was pouting off to the side during this picture. :)
2) A certain someone turned the big 2-1! Ha...don't worry I'll keep the real number secret for you honey. ;) Clara made dad this beautiful birthday card so that is what he is holding right there.


My mom and grandma surprised us with this picture of Clara (our little husker fan) that they had taken without us knowing. I decided I love gifts that are also for me on other people's birthdays...lol whoop whoop! :)


                                       And here I am tellng my hubs about his grand finale gift.....


Tickets to the NU vs. MIZZOU game!!!


Also...this cracked me up. These two guys shared a table with us at lunch....turns out the dude on the left, well he is the dad of a guy who runs track on my cousisn's 4x4 team at UNK and the guy on the right graduted with my Aunt Debbie...seriously small world huh?? :)


Okay, so we all know that was an awesome game and I am so glad I was finally able to surprise Dave with a present instead of him always surprising me!

Then, we came home to an escaped lady bug!!!!!!

Oh wait...that's just little Clara getting ready to go trick or treating! :) (She loved playing in those leaves) Oh and also, she was being monitored even though it totally looks like we just left her outside by herself...Dave was like 1 second away! :)


Lastly...this picture will only be funny to immediate members of our family probably but I'm going to tell you all anyways...

So, long story short. The guy who lives next to my mom is crazy. Like seriously OCDish craziness. My mom's neighborhood is really nice but her neighbor...oh my gosh. He puts up tin foil in his windows just to make sure no one can see in. He doesn't talk to a soul and if he even hears the faintest barking of a dog he will call the cops and issue a noise complaint on the dog's owners.

Well, last weekend me and my mom had just put Clara down and we heard what we thought to be a gun shot coming from next door...So, I obviously did the logical thing; dressed all in black and went all mission impossible on her neighbor. Ha! No...I seriously did though.


We had a stake out set up in the upstairs where my mom could see down and I went to look around. I actually called the cops and they sent two people out which is another REALLY long story but I didn't feel they did enough so I took matters into my own hands! :)

I was seriously envisioning "Disturbia"...You know the movie where the man kills women and puts them in his vents..well that night, after the cops left, the man had his fire going ALL.Night.Long. Creepy right???

So, I waited until the next night and set up camp. As soon as his car left I ran around and snapped a picture of his porch.


Well as you can see unfortunately there was no evidence to be seen..that night. Unless those are bones in his fireplace??(I can just see Dave shaking his head right now as he's reading this lol) But he's never seen distrubia so of course he doesn't understand!!

But in closing, I will catch him and until then you are all witnesses to this story if something happens to my momma!! :)

8 comments:

Helena said...

Congratulations on staying home!!! I hope to be a stay at home mom someday. It's one of my really, really big goals.

Steph, from Be Positive Mom said...

Congrats on staying home! Great to hear about ghe goal and achieving it! :-) What a great feeling!

tracidavies said...

I have l-o-v-e-d being at home with my doll face. I know you will love it too! I was at jcrew the other day & wanted everything in the store, but then i looked down at Caroline & said..."id rather hang with you all day than have any of this!" Some things are worth the sacrifice!!

JoJo said...

OMG I'm so happy for you that you get to be home with your baby all day. Congrats that's an incredible luxury. Though I don't have kids yet, its definitely in the plans and I sometimes worry about how I would ever balance out mommy life with a career if need be.I might have to email you with your tips when the time comes around :-)

Karen said...

Yay for getting to stay home! I know you're going to love it. I wish I could be home with my Ting all day.

mama brehm said...

Yay for staying home Amber! Very excited for you and Miss Clara. Excited to hear more about your home adventures. Work was always so funny:).

mzolton said...

Grats on being able to stay at home... however I miss the crap out of you here at work. The other guys are lost without having you to pawn all of their work off on, I'm lost because you were the last sane person I had here to talk to :)

Matilda's Mommy said...

CONGRATS AMBER!!! Oh, so happy for you and Clara! I would love to know how you made it work/possible to stay at home...if you would share! Lucky duck!

Site Meter