Wednesday, December 15, 2010

For Christmas I would like A Trashcan, Automatic Can Opener and a Gift Certificate for $16.99 from Target

That's right.

That's what I want. :)

Wink,Wink Mom & Dave

It seems like all bloggers right now are making there "Wish-Lists" so I thought you may all want to know mine! You are welcome.

Now, I know my wish-list may sound strange to some people, but I swear I have a very good explanation behind each one. So let me explain...

                       The Trashcan.


I have been trying for a very long time to recycle cans. Unfortunately, I was up to like 3 soda's a day for a while so I really started feeling guilty for the toll my soda drinking was taking on the environment. I have told Dave since I've been home that I want a recycle trashcan because the other two are always full. Well, a certain someone, said that was "silly" to buy another one when I could just use trashbags and take those out to the curb. To which I said "Fine, I'll just use the one we have and you'll have to find a way to make all our trash fit in one." I know...so sweet of me lol. Well...that was working out fine until I noticed yesterday morning that my trashcan full of recycled cans had been hauled to the edge of the lawn and taken away. I seriously almost started to cry when Dave got home because I couldn't understand why he'd done that (even though I had been a bit, err, stubborn, about the whole thing) He swore up and down that he hadn't done it. Well...when we went over there was a little note from our "trash dudes" that said, "Merry Christmas from your Trash Men." Yeah, what they had done to be nice was in turn devestating to my "recycle & save the entire earth plan!!!!" :( Soooo, that my friends is why I now, want a trash can WITH the recycle symbol on it so that nobody can steal my cans. See now it makes sense doesn't it? :) lol.  
                         Secondly, an automatic can opener.

There is really no explanation to this. I just love them lol. And, our old one, which we got as a wedding gift is practically broken but I refuse to give up on it, so while Dave has opened three cans with a hand opener, I will be lovingly coaxing our old.mr.automatic can opener hoping that he will just help me with this "one last can" and then I'll let him rest. And...he always comes through but I think it's time to give him the retirement I've been promising him. :)

Lastly, a Gift Certificate for $16.99 to Target.

I want this.



Because I think everyone should feel as if they are a friend as soon as they step through our doorway. Unless they turn out to be creepy in which case I will need to find another sign to hang above the door before they leave! :)

And lastly, I wanted you all not to worry about what Miss Clara Bear was doing while I was writing this...because she was busy finishing up some Spaghetti O's! :)

3 comments:

Matilda's Mommy said...

OMG! What a mess! Yikes! But you gotta let them do it!
So sad about the cans, I hate it that stuff that could be recycled ends up in the land fill. And I would recommend an under-cabinet mount can opener like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-Cabinet-Slitter-Removable/dp/B0045BGBYO/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1292447908&sr=8-10. So nice since it doesn't take up precious countertop space!

Ashley said...

Oh, Am! I love that you want to recycle ~ you should save the pop tabs, too, for the Ronald McDonald house (I can get you a little house to put them in, if you'd like). I LOVE the picture of Clara, too ~ AND, I'm really happy to see all of these blog posts :)

Kat said...

Hahaha... love the trashcan story!!!

I personally like a hand held can opener over an electric. I grew up with an electric can opener and I swear it hated me and we always fought and the stupid thing often won!!

Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas and that you get your lovely sign:)

Site Meter