Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Just Call Me "Mrs. Hibernating 'Sugar'Bear Pants"

90-89-88-87 and then there were 86...followers that is. I'm so sorry guys. I'm just too busy too write. I prayed what felt like 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 10 months straight, begging God to provide a way for me to stay home with Clara, so now that I am home,  I just don't feel right about taking up 1-2 hours a day preparing posts when that is precious time I could be with miss pumpkin pants.

Yes...she does nap, but those episodes of desperate housewives don't watch themselves lol..

No but seriously, I feel this pressure, like I'm hurting people's feelings if they leave a comment and I can't respond, or if they write something crazy exciting (Like Mrs. B and the new baby) and I don't find out until like 3 weeks later because not only do I not have time to write blog posts, I don't have time to read blog posts either. So, I'm going on an official break.....beginning.....tonight.

I don't know how long I'll be gone...but before I leave I wanted to leave you all with a final thought...(since New Year's is just around the corner)

When you make your new year's resolutions...make resolutions that don't directly involve you. I realized that ALL my new years resolutions in the past were things such as..."I'm going to exercise more, I'm going to lose 10 lbs, I'm going to watch less Kate Plus 8 (We all have our secret shows right? :)) etc." If I really look at those goals they are rather selfish and while it is healthy of me to want to exercise more, etc, that is still just helping myself.

Francis Chan states in "CrazyLove" 

'We always say things such as "Why are all these people starving God?" When I believe very firmly that God is in fact is asking us "Why are ALL these people starving?!?" '

That quote hit home for me in a very BIG way.

He's exactly right. I don't see anyone who asks that question downsizing their home, or those Lexus drivers giving up their SUV's for a used mid-size vehicle and handing out another used mid-size vehicle to someone who needs a car. When is the last time you felt "stuffed," Have you ever considered not eating out for a year and giving the extra money saved to the hungry people of your city?

I don't know how you are but the answer to all those questions for me was "no." No, I had not considered any of those options.

So, for the new year, let's try a new resolution: to make a resolution that isn't just about "us." Let's resolve to make 2011 about other's needs and not our own. Do you love it? Okay great...me too. :)

And with that... may I just say that all of you and your blog's & posts and comments on my posts and emails and mail. etc. have literally been the highlight of my 2010. They have encouraged me when I've needed it, made me laugh, made me cry, and left a lasting imprint on my heart. Thank you all so much...I truly love each and every one of you...in a "blogger friend sort of way" You all know what I mean. :)

So, to close, here is the only picture I have of me and my fam this christmas...from Dave's work phone, because I forgot my camera at home...awesome.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Birthday George Washington, and please enjoy any other holiday you may experience while I am hibernating...with my 'sugar'bears!!

3 comments:

Alina Yeisley said...

Oh Amber...I'm so proud to call you my friend.

Seriously.

And if you never respond to this comment, know I'm not offended. Even if you don't see this for six weeks. ;)

I'm praying for you and I'm so proud of what you do with your life. I have missed seeing your face for almost a month!

Also, you and I are on exactly the same page regarding the Francis Chan thoughts. I was literally sitting here about 20 minutes ago thinking about all that I got for Christmas and how I feel so blessed...but so selfish. And while they were gifts, I began to wonder how I can pay it forward (all with Crazy Love quotes running through my brain). I began to wonder why I wasn't out serving people on Christmas morning instead of sleeping in. And I then thought I wanted to make it one of my resolutions for 2011.

See? We are totally on the same page. God has blessed me with your friendship, lady. You are lovely, godly, extremely funny (especially when I need you to be) and I treasure you.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Amber! :D

Ashley said...

I'm with Alina ~ 100% (she really took the words out of my mouth).

I love you, and though we need to catch up, we will do so ~ and IN PERSON! Have an amazing new year and I can't wait to see you and your hibernating Sugar Bears :)

laura said...

awww...i'll miss you friend, but i understand!

:)laura

Site Meter