Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....I am excited to tell you all http://godmusictheaterlife.blogspot.com/ gave me my first ever blog award! I love these awards and that little bear is just too cute! :) Thank you so much Kathryn!
Okay, and the rules of the blog are to post the award on your blog and choose 6 other recipients. I want to give one to all of you though!! So, I have narrowed it down to a few girls who I know read and write on a daily basis and who are always such an encouragement to me!
1. Annie @ Adorkable Annie - http://adorkableannie.blogspot.com/2010/06/i-miss-you.html
2. Ashley @ Baby On The Brehm - http://babyonthebrehm.blogspot.com/2010/05/role-of-lifetime.html
3. Laura @ The Big Cursive L - http://www.thebigcursivel.com/2010/06/all-i-ever-wanted.html
4. Ashely @ Keeping Up With The Clarks - http://j-aclark.blogspot.com/
5. Courtney @ Love Love - http://courtneykeb.blogspot.com/2010/06/i-forgot-how-much-this-sucks.html
6. Deb @ Jeremiah 29:11 - http://www.jeremiah-2911.com/2010/06/unto-these-hills.html
P.S. You guys are welcome to just keep the award in your heart lol...you don't actually have to write about it if you don't want to.:)
Monday, June 28, 2010
This weekend I decided to start on a new cooking adventure! I call this an adventure because cooking to me is like..well let's just say its difficult for me. Mmmmmk? So I'd read all about this delicious Enchilada Ring here. I'd been craving it and so I decided..."Why not try making it on a Saturday?". That way I had all day to really make this thing.:) This is like cooking Rachel Ray...Amber's Way. So basically a 30 minute meal is going to take a good 2 hours and I'll probably end up forgetting ingredients or adding something I shouldn't have. But it's all part of the fun??Correct! :)
So I started...
2 cups cooked chicken - I was so proud of myself because I remembered to cut out the little white "fat liney things" (not their technical name) all over the chicken. This was a mistake I learned the hard way in the past...if you're interested in that fiasco it is here.
1/4 cup chopped block olives - Oops! Me and Clara forgot to buy this ingredient.
1 cup cheddar cheese - Check!
1 small can chopped chilies, undrained - Check!
1/2 cup sour cream - Ohhh we're on roll...3 in a row- Check!
1 package taco seasoning - Was 100% positive we had this at home....and unfortunately I was wrong. :(
2 rolls of crescent rolls - Check!
1 small chopped tomato - Check!
1 lime (juice)- Shoot.
2/3 cup finely crushed tortilla chips- OH yes...and they were on sale for $1. Seriously $3 chips for a $1.Awesome.
So, ingredient wise we were missing about 3 things but for me that is doing pretty good...so I continued.
1. Chop chicken and add olives, cheese, chilies, sour cream and taco mix. Seed and chop 1 tomato and add 2 tablespoons lime juice; add to chicken mixture. Reserve 2 Tblsp. crushed chips and add remaining chips to mixture - I did most of this correctly except for seed the tomato...because seriously that's an unnecessary step and a bit of a waste of my precious time I figured...I mean cutting up that chicken felt like foreva'! :)
Okay so I know what you're thinking...because I thought it too...that looks pretty gross but just bear with me for a few more minutes....
So this was a bit tricky because I couldn't find our cookie sheet due to the recent move so I improvised. ;)
I used a glass cake pan and placed the crescents in there on tin foil...I bet Rachel Ray wouldn't have
3. Spread chicken mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle - Check!
4. Bring points of triangles up and over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at the center of the ring- Check!
At this point...I had to take a moment to see what my little pumpkin was up too...Jussssst playing..in her birthday suit-plus diaper...because I have learned that Clara Grace does not like wearing clothes if she doesn't have too!:)
5. Sprinkle with 2 Tblsp. crushed chips. ( I put shredded cheese all on top!) - Check!
5. Bake @ 375 for 20-25 minutes. Garnish with tomato and serve with salsa and sour cream. - This I almost did...but I'm not sure what temperature I baked it at because I couldn't figure out our new oven. I bet I was close to 375 though... ;)
And 20-25 minutes later....TADAHHHHHH!!
Friday, June 25, 2010
And in order to get to know a little more about *this girl* I found a funnnnnn summer survey to take! Feel free to copy and paste it to your own blog! :) (Credit: Thursday Thunks) :)
It became officially summer on Monday. What's your favorite part of winter?
I love love lovveee sitting with a hot cup of chocolate at night by the fire and seeing the snow fall...and I"m not going to lie...if we're watching a moving it's probably Twilight. :) Also I love sledding but I have learned that I'm getting older. Boo. and feel like an 89 year old lady the next day...I can't bounce back like I used too! :)
2. What was your worst summer vacation ever?
I'm going to preface this by saying "I Love You Mom!" but she took me and my sister when we were 10 & 6 to an amish community in Iowa and while I truly respect their way of life and their hard work....OH.MY.were we bored!! And, to top it off they don't have air conditioning so the bed and breakfast we stayed at was blaazzzzinnggg hot, without TV, in the dead of summer. But after about 3 days of saying...can we plleeeasse leave... she took us to Adventureland so we forgave her!! :)
3. Name three things you have on you at all times. Explain why.
Diet Dr. Pepper - Because I think the person who created it was an angel and wanted to send us a little piece of heaven lol. just kidding..that was a little dramatic but I do looovee it!
Hair Brush- Because well...with a little girl this hair can get out of hand quickly, with the tugging and pulling and slobbers she gets on me before I leave for work each morning! :)
Clinique Lip Gloss- Oh yes, I'm addicted to the shiny, tasty, wonderful goodness of it! :)
4. If there was one post you would want everyone to read which one is it and why?
I believe it would be the post I wrote after seeing my daughter's heartbeat on the monitor for the first time (at 8 weeks old). Even being so small and literally looking like a peanut I couldn't explain it but I loved her so much and felt even in that moment that I would die for her...that I would do anything to protect her. My little squishy (which she is still called by some members of my family). I think it is okay for now but she may not like it so much when she gets older. *Wink*Wink* Aunt Angela ;)
5.There is a knock on your front door; it could be anyone in the world. Who would you want it to be?
Oh that's an easy one...this girl of course!!!! :)
Thursday, June 24, 2010
So that's why we're a litttttttttttle bit of a mess at the moment...stay tuned!!
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
* I would love to write about my freezing cold shower the first night in our new house after our water heater broke...and then follow that with the very moment I was complaining to God on my way to work, I heard on K-love about the people of Africa who have to walk 4 hours in some communities just to find clean water. That about made me fall out of my car...
* I would love to write about "That Dave" (Plan B inside joke here) who I felt was purposely disagreeing with everything I suggested this weekend. About the fact that my hubby-who I literally love with every piece of my heart- was quite arguably the crabbiest man in the world during this moving process and I just wanted him to hug me. It turns out...he needed the hug first. He felt so unappreciated for staying up until 5 am some mornings this past month, working on the house, getting one hour of sleep and then going to his job in the mornings and all the while I could only think about the fact that he wasn't "loving me." When that's exactly what he was doing every single moment of his day-giving all his energy and heart to prepare this home for his family. That hug and a few tears on my side changed everything. Husbands need exactly what we expect from them .....love & respect...and unfortunately I forget that sometimes. :(
* I would love to write about the fact that I found out this past week my coworker literally sounds as though he jumped out of the movie Freedom Writers (Hillary Swank's 2007ish? hit movie). I found out that he has lost many friends growing up during gang wars; that he doesn't remember his years in high school because he always went to school high or drunk and that on most days of the week, you could have found a plethora of guns in the glove compartment of his car. He said his high school teacher actually had an intervention for him his senior year and it changed him forever. He gave up everything that day...the drinking, the drugs, the weapons (eek!) and never looked back. He's now an investment consultant and a favorite among our clients. I am so thankful to have had the childhood I did but I think it speaks volumes to people's characters when the are able to persevere even in crazy difficult situations like that, that I cannot even imagine. I saw friends laughing and hanging out, dancing and going to football games..he saw friends killed...on a daily basis.
*Lastly, I would love to write about this blogging community of friends. Even though I haven't been able to write myself... all of you and your stories take me through each day. I laugh. I cry. I empathize and just truly appreciate all of you and your hearts. I am so thankful for every.single.one.of.you. *That include the people I blog stalk lol who have like a bazillion followers but they too bring so much encouragement to my days!
So there you have it 4 little mini-posts to sum up my rather crazy moving week!!
Wohoooo for Wednesdays!!! :)
Monday, June 14, 2010
This is Ms. Madeline (her cousin's precious girl) modeling the cute yet oh-so-painful culprits
Me and My Clara Bear
Next, we were off to Grandpa's house with all the fam. Craziness is the only way to describe 4 kiddos under 10 and about 20 adults all in a living room. So fun though!!
Me And Grandpa
Clara was loving up Mr.Sawyer
Ms. Caroline and Clara
Some pics at the wedding
Sarah & Clara
All the single ladies..all the single ladies lol. Gotta love me some Beyonce!
My momma & my sista'!
Us with our Uncle Ron!
Jim & Clara
"We" talked to everyone. "We had some wine.
We were having a good time...but then...we started dancing.....OH the dancing.
Yes...I broke....she killed me
Friday, June 11, 2010
*However, on a side note...Clara's been sick and Dave's been sick and Fluffy's been sick and lastly but most importantly...I reaaalllyyy don't like doing laundry! :) But I promise...I'm starting right.this.minute.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
So me and my best friend at TD used to read books on like the Barnes & Noble website because if you register you can read like 5 chapters without buying them. We win. lol. Anyways...one book we ran across we totally loved and we wanted to read more but we could only read a few chapters so then we had to buy it (so basically Barnes & Noble won :-P. Shoot.) But this book is amaaaazing! This book starts out with two girls who had basically been kidnapped and tortured and they wake up undergound in what appears to be a torture chamber. Well one girl escapes but never sees her captor so the entire book is centered around her searching for this terrible person while all the while other girls go missing....spppoookkkkyyyyy! I think I read it all in like 2 days once I got the actual book!
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Friday, June 4, 2010
My sister...Ms. Angela Schneider took this picture of me, D & Clara's feet a few days after she was born. I absolutely loved it, so I have entered it into The Paper Mama's Photo Challenge. Her current challenge is "three." If you have any pictures of "three" that you feel stand out you can link up to her blog by cliking on the picture. I wish you all happy feet and a happy Friday lol.!! :)
Thursday, June 3, 2010
10. I am terribly self-consious about my skin color. I was literally born snow white with freckles. I went through this phase my freshman year of college where me and my friend Kristen went tanning everyday. I actually tried to go twice in one day but they sent me home. lol. It was so much effort to be just a "titch" darker so I finally gave up. You will now see that I am still searching for the "perfect" self-tanner. I can typically now be seen with zebra like orange streaks on my elbows and ankels. I wrote in one post I didn't care as much about my skin color anymore but I realized...I lied.
9. I feel like crying every day when I leave my daugther at day care.
8. I once dated a guy in college who literally went crazy when we broke up. He told everyone on campus terrible things that were not true about me. He actually ended up leaving the college we went to due to his emotional breakdown. He is the reason I am not on facebook and it makes me sad that I can't be. But I am thankful for my "blog friend" community peeps! :)
7. I am one song away from completing my demo. Writing songs is my heart, my passion, my dream. If any of you have any song topics or ideas for this final song, feel free to share them with me!
6. I am completely convinced Kristen Stewart is the meanest person/celebrity to ever walk the face of this earth. I mean with all her mean looks in pictures and terrible comments. She was even a teensey bit rude to Regis & Kelly..I mean it's Regis & Kelly...they're like the nicest duo ever! But, I will continue to be love-stricken like a 15 year old girl when it comes to the Twilight Series & Edward. (Just as I was with Buffy the Vampire & Angel when I was little...ohhhh Angel, you're just not the same in Bones). :)
5. I used to consider myself one of the most, if not "the most" modest girl in the whole world.....and then I had Clara Grace.
4. I literally tinkle in my pants (ha!) when I get comments on my blog. They are like the most fun part of my day.lol. You can tell I lead one exciting life. :)
3. Most people are like what, 70% water. I think I'm about 20% water, and 50% diet dr.pepper.
2. I'm still trying to figure out why they can't plug that gosh dern hole...seriously if they can't figure this out soon I'm going to go sit on it myself.
1. I love Jesus...and I'm not afraid to share that anymore.
~~~~~~So, there you go...10 things that take you just a little deeper into my heart. ~~~~~~
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Hey Everyone! Clara Grace here. I just wanted to talk to you a bit about our cwazzzy fun Memorial Day weekend!!
On Friday night we met some of my mom's best high school friends at a great Italian restaurant here in town. She was really sad because she forgot her camera though so you'll just have to trust me on this one. ;)
On Saturday mom and dad had a date night!
They ate at Old Chicago...ummmmm...
Meanwhile...grandma entertained me in a box. I was a weeeee bit cranky while they were gone but thoroughly enjoyed my time in the box. I mean, whatever works right? :)
Then on Sunday...Daddy & Mommy worked on our new house. And Oh boy was daddy sick...He had a 102.4 temperature. Oh my goooooodddneessss! But, he was quite the trooper because we have LOTS to get done in there!
While they were gone, Me & Grandma took a nap...on the sidewalk outside our house. Dad & mom found it quite humorous when they pulled up that grandma just parked us right smack dab in the middle of where everyone walks but we didn't care...the sun felt great!
I'd also like to take this opportunity to show you my new summer sandals. They are quite comfy and go with everything. I've really been getting myself ready for swimsuit season as you can tell.
These are legs even Kim Kardashian would die for!
Oh phew am I tiiirreeedddddd. That pretty much sums up our busy memorial day weekend! Until next time...this is Clara grace signing out!