Sunday, April 3, 2011

I Wonder....

I wonder what would happen...

if you could just forget the meanest thing a girl had ever said to you; that girl's name was Sara

or if anytime you failed at something, you really wouldn't have given up; I would be playing the guitar

if you could just forgive the friend that broke your heart; I'd be calling Marissa right now

or if that boy that stole your dreams would have just said sorry...just once...

What if...

your significant other never let you down

if your mom was never critical and always supportive

or if your family just once seemed to care...even a little...but the secrets families hide...


Everyone in the whole
world will let you down at some point. This is the terribly difficult but honest truth. Because no one is perfect. We all have qualities we would trade about ourselves, secrets we hide and pain we've all endured that we just.can't.let.go. And we are convinced no one understands.

I can circle and circle around in my head all the reasons I have to be bitter but bitterness just never fixes a thing. Ever. I heard this quote last month and I think about it anytime I start gambling with those types of thoughts.

"Bitterness is like a poison you drink; while waiting for the other person to die."

However, thinking that no one understands, or no one cares is the biggest lie we all believe. Because someone does understand. Not only does He understand, He wants to comfort us, to love us, to assure us. He wants us to know that He is the only person in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD that will ever love us unconditionally.  

Don't let your bitterness hold you captive; it is literally cancer to the soul.

"I have loved you with an everlasting love..." Jer 31:3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

Chana@ Mamma Town said...

Love this. Love this. Love this.

Site Meter