Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Cannonball

I learned the hard way this weekend that 28 year olds should absolutely NOT do cannonballs!

This is a shot of where the "incident" occurred...but I'll be back to this in a moment.

First I have to tell you about a special someones graduation party!!


Miss Paige (Dave's little sister) graduated and is off to Morningside College with a Soccer Scholarship this fall. Congratulations Paige!!!


The day was full of so so sooo much fun with family and friends!


Someone found uncle Bret's sunglasses at the party and thought herself quite the stinker!


Clara insisted that Great Grandma try them on too! :)


There was just so much love in the air. I know that sounds a bit cheesey, okay completely cheesey, but I just LOVE big family gatherings!!



And I'm sure you can guess...someone just happened to be the "center" of the party all day! :)



Unfortunately all fun things must come to an end so after an awesome afternoon...we headed back to the hotel to rest.

The next morning, we all got some breakfast and headed down to the pool. Sadly, Dave forgot his swimsuit so he just had to watch from the side but at least then we had an official "picture takerer."

It was Clara's first real swim so at first she was a bit hesitant but very quickly started adapting and soon was splashing along with all of us! :)


Me and Paige were busy being totally "mature" - with jumping action shots

handstand competitions....

annnd then the dreaded "cannonball" idea. So, back to this picture. Seriously you guys...I have a bruise the size of the Atlantic on my...well...I'm sure you can guess where. If you can see the pool runs to the outside, so we decided to swim out there. I think I suggested we get out into the cold and them jump in (First mistake). But I'm pretty sure Paige said, "Let's do a cannonball." To which I replied "Sure!!" (Super bad second mistake). I'm not sure what I did but it felt like someone shot me in the behind with fireworks. So, anyways...while I recovered quickly, the bruise will stand as a reminder that I am in fact...too old...to do cannonballs anymore. :*(

Okay, so while I was busy apparently trying to kill myself, Uncle Bret and Clara were having a great time inside still.


We ended the morning on a great note and Clara even learned out to kick here feet back and forth when on here tummy. Such a big girl!!

I've never seen this girl so tired but this little "super star" took her greatest nap to date. Awhhh I love her so much!!

Our adventure didn't end there...it was off to grandma's farm but for now I'm going to sign off. (I can only sit for so long before I have to switch positions lol).

4 comments:

Marcus + Jenilee said...

I honestly laughed out loud. Your poor booty. Then I thought about what a fly or bird would have thought if they watched the event... You make me smile from ear to ear :) Clara is a doll - Love her!!

mama brehm said...

Never too old for cannonballs, miss amber!! You are a stitch!

Chana@ Mamma Town said...

AH haha! If I did a cannon ball right now at 7 months preggers, I'd empty the pool! So funny:) Look at your adorable family and beautiful child! So lovely! xoxoxo

kayla said...

LOL!! I bet you had fun though! Looks like you guys had a great weekend!!

Site Meter