Sunday, June 19, 2011

I Bet They Celebrate Father's Day In Heaven

Father's Day is always a little emotional for me.

I think especially since Clara has been born. There is one grandpa who only gets to see her from heaven.


I know my dad would have just loved Clara with his whole heart. He was such an amazing daddy. I think it's cute because my dad was quite an honorey man in his younger days who assured everyone he would always be a bachelor with no kids. Well then my hot little momma stepped in and stole his heart and five years later my cute little buns entered this world and changed his world forever.


Mom said he couldn't have been prouder of me. He told everyone I would be the greatest piano player, volleyball player, softball champion to ever walk this earth lol. (I almost accomplished the piano thing..hahaha totally kidding) :)


He honestly did anything me and Angela(my little sista') asked him to do. There were countless hours spent "braiding" his hair, playing ponies, swimming in our baby pool which could barely fit his 6'3 stature and countless sneaky trips to dairy queen where he would let us get blizzards when mom only let us get boring ole' cones. :)

He loved the outdoors, hunting, fishing and just being in nature. He was true guy's guy.

I'm not sure why Jesus needed him so soon. He never let his 4 year battle with cancer change anything though. He lived every moment to the fullest and even up to his last moments, you would have never thought him even sick if not for the hospital bed in our home. I remember at his funeral the church couldn't accomodate everyone. There were seats flowing into the hallways and stairs with so many stories of his passion of life and people.The people who's lives he changed with his love for Jesus. He knew how to have a good time and made sure everyone else did too.

I only hope my life carries his legacy on...because as he always said,

"If I'm wrong about Jesus, I have nothing to lose. I have so much love, life and peace that I couldn't imagine anything better. But if you're wrong about Jesus, you've missed out on everything."

I promise to teach my little girl everything you taught me about living life to the fullest.

I love you daddy. I will forever.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh, Amber, this is a beautiful post! It brought me to tears. I love you! Happy Father's Day, Amber's daddy!!

Allison said...

Happy Fathers Day to your daddy, he is oh so proud of you and your little one I know it!!

mama brehm said...

Amber -- Posts like this should come with a sob warning!! Your dad would be so proud of the momma you are to Clara. Awesome awesome tribute to him.

Karen said...

Such a sweet post. My biological father is also in heaven. He lost his battle with cancer when I was only nine months old so I don't have any sweet memories as these of him. Happy Father's Day to our daddies.

Tracy said...

Absolutely beautiful Amber. I am SURE your daddy is VERY proud of you.

Site Meter