Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sick With "Ick"

You're all very lucky...

I was going to start this post by saying "Clara has a new brother or sister!!"

But I realized that was just a bit mean, because her "brother or sister" is really this guy...

DRUM ROLL

DRUM ROLLLLLL

DRUM STILLLLL ROLLLLLLLLLINGGG

:)


And...I really don't know if he's a boy or girl so I wasn't kidding when I said "brother or sister." Hopefully he's a boy though because Clara named him "Mr. Blue":)

So, how did this all start you're probably asking...or not

Either way I'm going to tell you...whooopppeee!

Me and Kendri had a date night last Tuesday. She's a make-up consultant and came over to show me some new fun products! So Dave and Clara bear decided to venture to this little Overland Park "hot spot."



Okay, so not really a "hot spot" but one of our pumpkin's favorites.

Kendri had left by the time Dave and Clara got home and I truly could not imagine what had taken them so long. Well...come to find out him and Clara had done a little more than "browse" at Petsmart this day as they normally would.

Now, before I proceed let me say I was VERY relieved to see that we only ended up with "Mr.Blue." My husband is not one to "go small" when it comes to purchases. I remember when we first got married we decided to get a couple fish...

I imagined something like this.


Dave had a different vision and we ended up with this.


A whole 10 gallon underwater sea adventure; which is actually a whole post in itself because I spent an entire afternoon blowing bubbles into a bucket with a STRAW to save those little fish when our little air maker broke the first day. Lovely it was. Sometimes I still cringe when I see a white straw with red stripes.

Anyways...it's not just fish though. I wanted a nice queen size bed, we have a king. I thought a nice 27 inch TV would be great for our room but we have an "I don't even know what size is sitting there but it's totally the length of a car" TV! 

Anyways :)

I just considered myself lucky he only came home with a Beta and not a 100 gallon salt water monster.

But...the cute part was that he was being respectful because we are on the Dave Ramsey "makeover" over here and he was trying to honor our budget. However, true to his charachter he just couldn't buy a beta in a bowl for like 4 dollars. So, he got him a mini-tank...trying to be cost effective but not too boring.

(Clara try's to touch him through the feeding opening and it's really cute!)

Moving on...to make a long story short, this medium cost-effective beta is turning out to be much more of a wallet buster than expected.

First Dave wanted the fun tank, and then he found out he needed special water stuff because of the bigger tank, and then he found out he needed special food if he wanted Mr. Blue to stay bright and colorful. Well all that was fine until Saturday morning when we noticed something strange on Mr. Blue.

He was COVERED in white bubbles.

You have GOT to be kidding me. :) So, as I was at the farmer's market with a friend, Dave and Clara headed back to Petsmart to find what to do for our fishy. It turns out...

our fishy is sick with ick. :*(

Poor Mr. Blue.

At this point, we had already invested so much in him we figured we can't just let him go to fish heaven so we got the water heater and we'll get the medicine...

And I took this picture to show you we even had to get a special outlet "dealeo" for all the mechanisms now going into Mr. Blue's tank.


However, to wrap this up...

Clara really does love him so much, so that is really all that matters to us.

She's giving him a kiss goodnight here.


However...as a fair warning you may receive letters now signed from Dave, Amber, Clara, Fluffy & Mr. Blue! :)


No comments:

Site Meter