Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Aging Gracefully

I have gray hair.

Shoot.

This is an actual picture of me without my hair colored.

Okay it's not, that is not me and that is not my hair. But maybe my hair in 10 years?? :)
Oh, I'm so going to do a side by side shot of me and this nice lady then...okay probably I won't be blogging but if I am, I am leaving it all up to you guys to remind me of this post!? Kapeesh:)

However, my friend Erin, said something kind of inspiring  and I've decided to take her approach to aging.

She said..."I'm excited to be 30!"

I loved that. I've never heard anyone say that, and it definitely beats the other option of being super depressed about it!

I seriously think of that statement and the smile on her face as she said it every time I look in the mirror and see one of those little buggers sticking out of my head all frizzy and crazy like.

But I think that really comes from Erin being able to truly embrace her age because she has the hope of heaven in her heart. And, since I too, cannot wait to see Jesus running towards me hugging me and telling me he's so glad to finally see me face to face...I ...am going to be excited for each passing year as well...oh my gosh I'm literally tearing up just thinking about it because earth is hard sometimes!! (Can I hear an AMEN sister friends lol!)


I thought this picture was so sweet...someone supposedly took this picture of clouds and saw this instead. Who knows if it's real but I thought it pretty awesome either way?


So here it is, I'm 28 1/2 and I have about 6 gray hairs....which I'm pretty sure are from my sweet Clara Grace and 2 1/2 days of labor. :) My pants are snug and the skin on my elbows resembles what I could only describe as elephant ears (but thanks to Dr. Oz I have a home remedy. Whoopee!). I get really cold feet at night because my circulation is getting worse but thankfully I have a hubby who lets me put my freezing piggies between his warm legs so it's not that bad. (Okay, so there is one thing I'm not embracing and that's having to pee like every 5 seconds but I guess that's just part of the aging process too! :))

So, I'm not sure what I'm getting at right now. I guess I just want you all to know...

"I'm excited to be 28 1/2!"

However, on the days I may choose to complain about my age please do not remind me of this post as I may actually be annoyed/embarassed at myself for blogging about my elephant skin elbows! :)

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Amber, I love this post. I love birthdays - no matter the age, the number of gray hairs, or the fact that I keep loosing hair. I'm going to be bald by the time I'm 30! haha! You always put a smile on my face Amber - and I love you for that! :)

Site Meter