Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Non-Hit & Run

This is going to scare the grandparents so I'm sorry in advance. :(

But yesterday was a bit eventful for me and ms. Clara as we were {almost} in a very serious accident.

It changed alot of things for me forever so let me tell you why.

Actually, before I tell you what happened I'll give you a little background as to why I KNOW this was not an oridnary "accident."

We've been seeing alot of miracle's lately in our circle of friends. Most recently, a couple in our small group went into labor at 32 weeks and dialated to a 6...the medicine they were giving her at the hospital wasn't stopping her labor so in typical Indian Creek (our church) fashion...we all started praying.our.buns.off. Do you want to know what happened during those hours? Her labor stopped at 6cm (almost unheard of according to medical personel that were there) and yesterday they checked her again...um, she went the other direction..she was at 3 cm! (making this situation completely unheard of!!!) I think sometimes God goes the extra distance just to get our attention, like yes, He could have held her at 6 cm but He went ahead and took her in the opposite direction lol. I love that.

Okay, so a different type of miracle, or super amazing thing happened yesterday at 11:50 in the Wal-Mart parking lot. We've been talking about the Holy Spirit in church; if you're catholic, {the holy ghost}, if you're luthern {God the spirit}etc. He's completely a mystery to unbelievers, and can be confusing to understand if you do believe in Jesus. However, I will tell you how REAL.HE.IS. The holy spirit is called the parakletos in Greek. There are many translations for that word but one of them is "protector."

Now, hold that thought. :)

I had just paid for our groceries yesterday afternoon and we were leaving the store; Clara was holding my hand to my right and I was pushing the cart with my left hand. When all of a sudden an impresson was felt in my heart...

"It is not safe for Clara to walk in the parking lot, she must be riding in the cart."

I remember thinking that a weird thought but gently swept her up and placed her in the cart just in case. I even said, "Clara, you need to ride in the cart because it's not always safe to walk with all the cars around you."

She complied rather easily which seems important now too, as that is a bit unusual for her these days.

Anyways...

We were moving from the brick tiling in front of Wal-Mart to the actual parking lot when I saw her - a lady was trying to exit the parking lot quickly and looking to the car on her right, not in front of her. I knew in that instant she was going to hit us...all I remember at that moment is screaming and pushing the cart with all my might. She literally missed my legs by no less than 1 c.m. Somone else behind me yelled as the lady swerved up onto the brick to avoid the collision and then sped away as quickly as possible.

You guys, I am telling you through tears and as honestly as possible had Clara been walking beside me and not riding I'm just not so sure she would even be here. I don't think I could have gotten her out of the way fast enough without dragging her and even then I'm not sure I could have helped her avoid that car's left front tire.

People were instantly there asking if we were okay, seeing how they could help, just telling us how close that was...

but the car, gone.

the lady, gone.

No one knew why she was exiting the parking lot so quickly in the first place but now it's just up to the Olathe Police Department to decide.

It really doesn't matter though at this point.

The holy spirit, our protector, our parakletos is real you guys. I will forever remember that moment as for a mere second I thought I may lose Clara's life. And truly we may both have been seriously injured because you know if I couldn't have pulled Clara out of the way fast enough I surely wouldn't have moved out of the way.

John 14:16 says this - "I will ask the Father and he will give you another helper who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him...but you know him because he lives with you and will be in you."
If you think this story's crazy because you've never felt that voice I would just very gently ask if that is because in your heart of hearts, you're just not sure about Jesus. However, if you "confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will  be saved." It's that simple. It's bold, yes, :) but it's simple.  If that hasn't happened, I would encourage you from the bottom of my heart to start asking some questions..start being a bit brave in the asking? You don't think he's real? Tell him. You think there's too much pain in the world for a God? Tell him. You think He couldn't possibly love you because of what you've done?? TELL HIM.

I'm telling you...He.Will.Answer.

There are two things I can promise you in this life.

1) You will die.
2) If you ask God if He's real. He'll answer.
* Dave wanted me to add "Taxes" to this list but I told him that wasn't the point :) 

Do you think I like the fact that some people who read this will make fun of me for it? No.

But do you think I would be so sincerely passionate about something if I didn't know it to be truth? Absolutely not.

My little girl is perfectly fine, sleeping soundly in her big girl bed right now because I believe in God and he has sent me a parakletos.

3 comments:

Revercomb said...

God is good! Glad he was watching over you and that you listened to his voice!

Melanie Somnitz said...

I believe you, I believe in Him and I am thankful that God provides us his protection. May his Shekinah glory continue to be in you and to give you peace.

Amy said...

Amen, sister friend!! Oh.... I'm so so thankful for the gift of the Spirit. And so thankful that you were in tune to His voice! God still has great plans for Amber and Clara Guderian here!

Site Meter