Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The 9 Year Non-Itch ( Part 1)

 
 
So, just to clarify that post title...
 
You know how they say in marriage you get the "7 year itch?"
 
Well, I am happy to report that today (Sept 2nd) me and my hubby will celebrate 9 years of "non-itchiness"(for the most part, most days lol)! Hooray!! :)
 
(I just wanted you all to see this really awesome pic of us lol)
 
No, actually I wanted to show you that in honor of this special occasion we all headed our buns to Colorado! We have made a tradition out of celebrating our anniversary alone, but this year with Corban's situation it was necessary to bring the fam so that is what we did!
 

Who is jealous of getting to travel 2 hours on an airplane with a 6 month old?!? All of you?? ;)
 
My favorite part was trying to nurse him, and I'm so serious when I say this you guys...the moment Corban senses a nursing cover coming his way lately, he completely goes all "kung fu panda" on me!? It is the craziest thing, so I would like to take this moment to now formally apologize to flight 249 and anyone within a 15 seat radius of us because I'm sure you ended up seeing more than you cared to see during your flight!! EeK!!
 
But, we did in fact land safely and have a wonderfully fun, relaxing vacay!!
 
Some pics for your viewing enjoyment....
 
First train ride
 
The train ended up being an adventure itself because we were trying to make it before it closed that afternoon and the Toyota prius we rented isn't exactly a race car....however, that Monday morning I will say Dave became an amateur version of Dale Earnhardt jr and that Toyota prius gave us a very valiant (fuel economic) effort, Indy 500 style, around those steep mountain curves. ;)
 
 
And the reason for that nice glare is the fact that this is a picture of a picture, because who doesn't like to pay $20 for a picture they make you buy when you could just take your own? :-P

 
View outside our hotel
 
Okay, and I'm not trying to make you all jealous but it was seriously like, pretend looking pretty. I told God this is the view I would like from heaven. ;)

 
 
This was a little fountain area in the middle of town Clara played in each day.
 
 
 It was really fun because the weather was in the 70' most of the week, so we got to eat outside most nights...I love pics like this that capture the moments perfectly because while we all enjoyed the view... Corban was often less than thrilled. ;)

 
 Clara braving the "fast" rushing river in the middle of town!




 

(Okay so I realize you are not all her mom but it was really cute to see how proud she was of herself) :)
 
Fave pic ever...

 
Followed by the moment she almost dropped him which I also caught on camera....

Ahhh - I love those two so much I can't take it sometimes!! :)
 
The next day we did some hiking, which actually ended up being me, Clara and Corban being rescued by random hikers because Corban's stroller got high centered on a bridge which the tour guide said was absolutely safe for strollers...
 
We now refer to said tour guide as "the liar" lol
 

 
Okay, so I will leave you there in suspense as I need to watch Allegiance....
 
Part 2 of CO vacay coming soon! ;)



No comments:

Site Meter